Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tone of this Blog

The Deseret Morning News began a new section this morning, called "The Mormon Times." I read this article just now, and it caused me to reflect. I wonder if the tone of this blog, rather facetious thus far, is appropriate for the intent of the blog.

I wonder if responding to the notions of those who are unabashedly antagonistic in their feelings toward Mormonism is useful at all. Aside from inspiring some like-minded chuckles from readers who are already members of the Church, I can't imagine my posts heretofore written doing any good in the world at large. And that is concerning to me. After all, I started this blog in response to the invitation from Elder Ballard to enter the world of cyberspace discussing the Church.

So my apologies. From now on I will focus on writing about things that inspire faith and understanding.

No comments: